Did you know that it takes roughly 66 days to form a new habit? Whether it’s going to the gym regularly, trying to establish a healthier morning routine or changing your mindset on long-term savings, habits are hard to form! And regardless of the individual, sometimes all it takes is a little ‘nudge’ to motivate people. This was the theme of our recent roundtable lunch at the Bleeding Heart in Farringdon.
The event brought together a variety of people from the employee communications sector to talk about the process of habit formation, and share experiences and thoughts on how we can use nudge theory to encourage people to get in the habit of saving for their future.
Throughout the day we discussed some thought-provoking insights and research, and covered some interesting topics including:
- The steps it takes to form a habit (trigger, action, reward)
- Audience segmentation - what are people interested in?
- Nudge theory - what is it? And how can we use it in employee communications?
- Pensions communications and the need for a more holistic approach to financial wellbeing (this is something we’re really passionate about! Take a look at our prototype, Savi, to see how we’re changing up the industry)
- Technology - how are brands like Monzo disrupting the financial sector and what can we learn from them?
- Tone of voice and how to boost engagement
- Channel strategy and creating relevant content that’s delivered to the right people at the right time
- How to form an emotional connection with members to motivate them to take action
Didn’t make this lunch? Don’t fret - we have more planned. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space at the next event.